Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Explore your backyard











I happen to live in a wonderful town that has many beautiful nature spots to explore. The ocean, the redwoods to name a few. There are many little spots just in my own backyard that I forget about, and Westlake pond is one of them. This evening living up to my promise to myself to try and get back on track with health and excercise, I decided to head up to the pond. I walked around the pond five times for a total of 30 minutes and I am a little embarassed to say that I am all tuckered out. I huffed, and hoofed it around and around. Saying hello to the mud hens, geese, ducks and mallards. Josh was able to play on the swings and feed the ducks.




I have to say it was a very nice start on my jouney.

No comments: