Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Kelly Muir





Back to Natural Bridges this morning. Walked 2.5 miles! It was a gorgeous morning full of abundant sunshine. The beach was not so bad with kelp this morning, making it easier to do laps. Rud took of with his usual gusto and I kept my own sweet pace.

I had a little bit of an endorphin induced day dream while walking this morning. I was thinking of John Muir (I know!) silliness...but as I was huffing and puffing and staring out at the lovely blueness of the sea I thought "I could totally walk forever!" Yeah, maybe even to Yosemite just like John Muir. Give up everything except a walking stick and the clothes on my back and meander through the US for the rest of my life. Walking, meeting interesting folk. Eating apples from trees along the way. Drinking from streams and laying in the tall grass at night staring at the stars...Endorphins are great!! I lost this wonderful day dream as I was trying to make it back to the car afterwards. Walking up hill into the sun, sweating bb's and wishing I was at home in my easy chair with the remote in hand!
I'm gonna try for 3 miles tomorrow.

No comments: