Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Who knew Hiking was so much fun





Today is the 5th day that Rud and I have ventured out into the great outdoors. I must say that I am very proud of us and I feel most accomplished today. We parked at the back entrance of Natural Bridges and walked the nature trail to the beach. It was lovely and serene. I immediately saw a brown bunny hopping across the trail, and as we came around the bend a sweet little doe was grazing in the tall grass. "You see" I said to myself, "This nature thing is going to be great". We continued on and made it to the beach in one shape.

It was so lovely to come out of the trail onto the dune and see the mighty Pacific. Rolling and crashing all sea foamy and grey the waves were breaking pretty hard right on shore. Rud rushed off to start his Cardio walking along the shore, as I got out my camera and captured the awesome view. Believe me I am trying to get this exercise thing down, but it is going to be a few weeks before I can take off onto the beach with such energy and gusto that Rud shows on each of our hikes.
For now I am content to mosey along at my own pace. Say hello to the gulls, pick up clam shells and other treasures I find on the beach, and stare out at the lovely blueness of my future.

No comments: